Welsh Highland Railway Sites
Links to further sources of information about the railway, past and present.
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways - the main corporate site - for details of timetables, fares and other userful information
- Festipedia - a major and growing collaboratively edited wiki resource covering all aspects of WHR, past and present (in addition to the Ffestiniog Railway)
- Welsh Highland Heritage Railway (WHHR) - our neighbours in Porthmadog
- Barrie Hughes' Welsh Highland Railway website - for regular (but unofficial) news reports about the railway
- An introduction to the WHR Garratts in Swedish, at the Smalspårigt site.
- Welsh Railways - by Brian Daugherty, includes good (big) pictures of the WHR.
- The LYd2 Page - the big diesels from Eastern Europe at WHHR
- Andrew Goodwin's illustrated description of the pre-restoration trackbed, and his illustrated site on WHHR's Pont Croesor Extension.
- The Colonel Stephens' Museum - commemorating this important figure in Welsh Highland history.
- A few hours on the footplate of Garratt No 138 - Millennium - a photo album by Rory Trappe.
- WHR - a Ticket to Cycle - part of the Cycling in North Wales site.
- welshhighland forums - unaffiliated forums for WHR supporters.
- NG15 Group - a Yahoo! group dedicated to NG15 locomotives.
- NG15 No134 reporting the restoration on NG15 number 134
- The Welsh Highland Heritage Group - a group dedicated to recording a preserving the heritage of the Railway
- The Nantlle Railway - a distant forerunner of the Caernarfon-Dinas section of the WHR
Note that the Society offers these links as a service to users, but does not necessarily endorse the content which is outside the Society's control.