Welcome to the Welsh Highland Railway Society
The Society exists to support the Welsh Highland Railway, or Rheilffordd Eryri to give it its Welsh title. The railway has origins dating back to the 1800's, it was closed in the 1930's but has now been revived and is part of the Ffestiniog Railway family, providing a spectacular ride through the mountain scenery of Snowdonia. For more information see the History page on this website.
What can I do?
- Volunteer. We provide volunteers to work on railway and on individual projects - you will learn skills, make friends, have a great time - see our Projects page for some of the things we do.
- Donate. We raise funds for developments which will enhance the railway - see our donations page
- Join. Become a member and be a regular supporter of the railway: there are benefits for you too - see our membership page
- Keep in touch. We have a network of supporters groups around the country to keep you informed - see our Groups page
- Come to our special events. Enjoy another side to the railway- see our events page