Photo: © J.Williams
Become a member
Donate to the Society
Volunteering with the Society
Responsibilities of Officers and Officials
Items Wanted and Offered
Token of Appreciation
The 'Token' Awards
Recipients of the Society’s annual token of appreciation.
The award was instigated in 2003 as a symbol of the Society’s gratitude to an individual member or group of members who had made an outstanding contribution to the Society and/or Railway over the preceding year.
The award is usually given to the recipient at the Annual General Meeting. The recipient is chosen by the Society’s board of directors and can be nominated by any member; see details of how to nominate a member below.
The award is a half size replica of the original Welsh Highland Railway Snowdon Ranger to Rhyd Ddu (South Snowdon) single line token.
* In 2003 a replica of the token was also given to Roland Doyle in perpetuity, in recognition of his work managing the rebuilding of the railway from Caernarfon to Rhyd Ddu.
Nominating a member for the Society’s Token of Appreciation:
• The person to be nominated must be a current member of the Society and the person nominating as well as the person seconding the nomination must also be current members of the Society.
• The nomination must be made in writing to the Society Board’s secretary (details on page 2 of The Snowdon Ranger) by the 1st June.
• The nomination must state clearly the reason, in not more than 250 words why you think that the particular member is worthy in your opinion to receive the token of appreciation.
• Current Society board members are not eligible to be nominated.